- Watermark Ink enables printing of watermarks in offset printing. In case of conventional OP varnish or medium it was difficult to get effective watermarks because they hardened and dried out before sinking into the stock. Watermark Ink constitutes of resins that permeate through stock in liquid form without hardening at room temperature and enables watermarks by varying the transmissivity of the light.
- Use for resin letterpress or offset printings.
- Conduct pre-use tests on non-coated paper to ascertain the printability of watermarks. Watermarks cannot be printed on coated-paper.
- Watermarks result from the permeation of ink within the stock fiber. Watermarks of sufficient quality cannot be achieved if ink is applied in small amount. However, excessive use of ink causes set off, and watermarks may appear in non-printed area. Pre-use tests are recommended. Conduct pre-use tests on the target paper by applying 3 to 5 varying amounts of ink. Note down roller's rotation and opening/closing angle of ink fountain for each application. Check the print samples the following day and select the appropriate printing condition by judging the watermarks on the test prints.
- Pay attention that Watermark Ink does not harden-dry and lacks in printability, pos-processing, foil-stamping, and heat resistance properties.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash the roller prior to printing. First wash the roller with some wash oil and then with our product "TAKE IT OFF".
- Vegetable oil (oil with drying property) used in general inks is used in this ink to make it suitable for offset printing. This composition gradually yellows. Pay attention that discoloration is directly proportional to ink-film thickness, time passed after printing and the storage temperature.
★NL Mark: This ink was manufactured in accordance with the "Self-imposed Regulations Regarding Printing Inks" (NL Regulations) enacted by Japan Printing Ink Makers Association.
★Eco Mark: Certified as Eco-Mark product by Japan Environment Association.
- The data contained herein are based on the results of the tests conducted in accordance with the in-house test methods, and are not standard values. Always conduct pre-use tests to ascertain the suitability of the product to your requirements. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as a recommendation for use in violation of any patents, applicable laws or regulations. It is the responsibility of the user to comply in all respects with applicable laws and regulations.
- Owing to product improvement the information contained herein may be modified without any prior notice.
- Make sure to read MSDS thoroughly before using the product.